geolang-comment message

Subject: [geolang-comment] First proposals for ISO 639 and 3166 available

I've now put together what I call version 1.0alpha1 proposals for the
ISO 639 and 3166 published subject sets. These proposals are based on
what we arrived at in Montréal, but are still relatively rough. The
HTML text of the main document itself, for example, is a bit thin, but
it is difficult to make it look like an ordinary document.

Metadata is currently provided in XTM only, and without proper links
to it from the main XHTML documents. RDF examples will be added as
soon as I have had some feedback and a bit of time to work on it.

Patrick Durusau and I are working on registering a MIME type for XTM
so that we can link to the metadata in a proper way.

Feedback, corrections, opinions, etc etc etc very much wanted.

These can be downloaded as a Zip file from