geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] First proposals for ISO 639 and 3166 available

Steve Pepper scripsit:

> Some comments:

All of which I agree with.

> * More importantly, the *-basic topic maps should capture as much as possible
>    of the 3166 and 639. Specifically: 3166-basic.xtm should have either scoped
>    names or typed occurrences for 2- and 3-letter codes (and probably also
>    numeric codes, even though they are to be found via the subject indicator)

What principles should be employed to decide whether to use scoped names
or occurrences in this case?  I was thinking of names, but certainly
occurrences would work too.

--
John Cowan                              jcowan@reutershealth.com
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com