geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] quorum questions (fwd)

* John Cowan

| If a committee governed by RRO requests approval of the previous
| meeting's minutes, [...]

I've already removed the approval of the Barcelona minutes from the
Montréal minutes, so this was no longer an issue, but it was
interesting to have it cleared up in any case.

| BTW, each committee that doesn't meet at least once a calendar year
| evaporates, according to the TC process, so we must make certain
| that we get at least one by-the-book meeting in 2002.

We don't need to worry about that, luckily, since we've had two
by-the-book meetings so far this year (Seattle and Barcelona). In any
case I expect we'll have a quorum in Baltimore.

| "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
| standing on my shoulders."  --Hal Abelson

Right. :) Ketil Z. Malde had a similar problem: "If I haven't seen
further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants."