geolang-comment message

Subject: [geolang-comment] New PSI set draft

I've now produced a new PSI set for ISO 639 based on the feedback from
the Baltimore meeting. The PSI set has been published at

as we agreed in Baltimore. I haven't yet added RDF metadata, nor
looked at the formatting issues, but other than that it should be
complete, correct, and according to what we agreed. The ISO 3166 PSI
set hasn't been touched yet.

There are also some open questions that remain to be addressed:

  - What to do about 'mul' and 'und'? Are these instances of any
    class? Should we include them at all?

  - What to do about the metadata in parentheses following each
    language? Should those be part of the base name in the XTM, or
    should they be moved to an internal occurrence of some sort?

  - What to do about the cases where multiple names are separated by
    semicolons? Should we keep it as one base name, or split into
    multiple base names? Should there be any scopes on the names?

  - Need a change policy, plus an update policy. This is the biggest
    issue, and one that could keep us busy for a while. There has been
    one change to ISO 639 since the previous draft.

Comments very much welcome, of course, as are opinions on the above
questions.