geolang message

Subject: Re: [geolang] OASIS TC Call For Participation: Published SubjectsforGeography and Languages

At 10:53 AM 1/21/2002 -0800, Murray Altheim wrote:

>I am currently an employee of an OASIS member organization (Sun) and
>have notified the chair, but by the time the TC begins I will have
>left Sun to return to school at the Knowledge Media Institute (KMi) in
>the US. (My last day is next week.) I don't think KMi is a member (as
>part of Open University), so I'm wondering if I'm still eligible.

Murray,

Schlumberger is not an OASIS member organization, so I joined as an
individual member. I think you may need to join as an individual to be a
part of the committee.

I don't see why we can't do a teleconference as a first meeting or  do a
teleconference for part of the F2F meeting as we did in Orlando. The first
meeting for Published Subjects was a teleconference.

Those interested in the committee usually subscribe to the private mail
list. This is what I did for the Published subjects committee, and then
Bernard made an inquiry as to whether I wanted to become part of the
committee. If we do change the meeting day, this can be easily conveyed to
prospective members.

I don't see how we can have this committee without you. It is essentially
your work that we are discussing.

Best regards,
Mary