Subject: RE: Of interest to the HM group.

It depends on our boundaries and that is something
we are trying to work out.  I probably over stated
the "implementational" statement.  Our project
directors are desperate to get ready for the
first meeting.  I have been hoping scenario
exploration would help.  It has for me, at least.

As far as VHML being a HumanML language, I think
the contributions from this group can help
enormously just as the work on EMOTE.   There
are always overlaps and these so-called ecotones
are very important to identify.  Clean boundaries
don't usually exist.  However, if we consider
VHML and EMOTE systems as HumanML consumers, that
might help us.  We really need some input back
from potential HumanML consumers.

We have categories for things such as gestures,
emotions, etc.  We briefly discussed implementation
approaches to these (eg, scene graph routing).
That's ok by me.  Rex probably wants something
that helps him get the documents ready.  What
would really be helpful from Andrew is to look
at our draft schema fragments and suggest how
they can be improved to work with his system.
Because an avatar HLAL is only one application
being considered, we can then debate that overlap.

That VHML works with VRML systems is a different
topic.  I asked and I assume you are because we
are VRMLies.  On the other hand, as with any HLAL,
it isn't necessary.  H-anim being a VRML spec,
it helps the interface issues I would assume, but
I didn't see anything in VHML that would prevent
that.  Andrew might be able to tell us.  On the
other hand, when the EMOTE folks looked at our
work, they said a single gesture intensity attribute
is inadequate for their system.  That kind of
feedback (if it were explained better) would give
us something to compare to VHML.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.