Subject: Re: HumanMarkup: Paved With Good Intentions

Sean does have some critical points to take heed of.

The biggest problem so far that we did keep building and rebuilding the same
exact topics of discussion, repeating the same topics, over the last few
months, and asking the same questions over again.  It's a mistake I've
noticed during Phase 0, and hasn't been fully solved yet.

Granted Phase 0 was very insightful, but a tangle of ideas.  Now, with
clearer administrative roles, technical roles, deliverables, and a set of
cornerstone documents, we can move to the next level.  OASIS's structure
brings a lot to this effort.  With a member database, we can finally start
to integrate views and ideas from disparate sources methodically.

Our initial documents potentially address ALL the concerns that currently
exist...what exactly we are describing, what applications are possible, what
are the requirements, and how does what we are describing interoperate with
current technologies.

However, the painful truth is that we *haven't* yet successfully framed our
discussion around these, and *haven't* kept them up to date--yet.  We're
*are* almost there though.

Rob played a _very_ important role by making concrete in a proposal form
what could have been fodder for endless debate...it wasn't fully refined and
complete (nor did he intend it to be)--it provides a clear starting point.
That's the most important function.

**Bottom Line: We need make sure our documents and schema samples are clear
and up-to-date, if we are to succeed.  That is clear.  Further, as Manos
mentioned earlier, our discussion should be in the form of proposals, and we
have to make a conscious effort to move away from random thoughts.  We have
addressed all the requisite issues, but not sufficiently or successfully,
yet.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

It may take one try to strike a fire, or a thousand tries to strike a fire,
but if we are freezing, we aren't gonna stop trying.