Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] Re: HumanMarkup: Paved With Good Intentions

Here are the lessons from 'recent discussion', in summary format (I know
I've skipped what I didn't make it through my own mental filtering system,
but regardless feel free to add points, in point format...

ready to move forward?

1) deliverables:  Whether we follow through or not, or whether unreasonable
or not,  whether we postpone them or not, we need them.   They are an  OASIS
requirement.  We'll make em as reasonable as possible however, based on
feedback from everyone.

2) use cases:  mutually agreed.  Len has pointed out use-cases during Phase
1, but I don't think we've followed through on them as a group.  We'll stick
with a couple of group use-cases that we all agree can be the focal point of
discussion.  Focusing on communication issues regarding the current world
situation is what I'd like to propose, as it is the most potential mportant
result of our work.

3) controversy and harsh tones:  inspires discussion...let's use it more
often, or at least when needed.  It's a bit of fun, and like a bit of
excitement (I think Sean might be thinking this too)?  I think Michael
Jackson knew the secret too...except he went a little 'too' far with the
controversy thing..can backfire...use with caution.

4) clean-up:  at the end of the day, someone will have to read all these
posts and organize them coherently.  I can help, and as much as I'd like to
I will, but it isn't gonna be me

5) structure:  we build proposals and publish them...publish anything, even
if hogwash...why?  because we can always point to it, and build on top of
them.  Unlike Phase 0, where we tried to do so, but documents got buried
underneath directories in YahooGroups.  I would push to publish everything
in a 'flat list' on the OASIS website, so everything is fully transparent.

6) initial documents: The bottom line is if it doesn't fit in these
documents, or within a proposal, it isn't going anywhere...This is what
others see, and what we have isn't very flattering right now.  These have to
be shaped up.

7) free discussion: inspiring and develops the mind, may need to be
constrained a little though.

7) roles:  we all need to know what we're accountable for...if we don't,
that is fine too...but that has to be clear as well.

8) repeating frustration/concern:  express yourself...don't hold back or
wait for a trigger....(well, at least make sure it is manageable and
solution-oriented, and make sure that you are the first one to take
responsibility)...we succeed as a group, or fail as a group...(I just
watched the movie The Musketeer).  Say once, say twice, say three times, say
ten times, and each time more loudly and biting...in this free market of
ideas, that's how it goes.

--------
Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga