Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] further discussion on minutes, Email Enhanchment

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

<Rex>
We queried Henrik on the area he was most interested in working. He said
he was interested in RDF, and since he is in Amsterdam, he is in a
position to work with Manos somewhat more easily and conveniently that
we stateside members can, and so this seems to be a good fit.
</Rex>

Excellent...

<Rex>
It was also asked, in a general way, what areas he was interested in,
and Henrik mentioned that originally, back in the early days of the
HumanMarkup Yahoo Group List, he had discussed with Randall Schwartz, on
the founders and architects with Larry Ball of PERL, the need for a way
to filter or channel email in a more advanced way than is currently
available, and HumanMarkup was one of the things that came up as a
vehicle for that. This was explored, and it was suggested that this idea
be explored further. We hope to see some discussion on this in somewhat
greater detail on the TC and Public Comments List.
</Rex>

...and it gets even better. Surely, email is a fertile ground for
HumanMarkup applicability and from various perspectives. Enhanching
email can be a combination of diverse efforts. One may provide a
metadata framework, another may provide a better "semantic styling"
(translated to CSS styling for first level rendering purposes) on the
actual text. These require inclusion of the message body in markup (with
the exception of metadata). Although I hate HTML email, we will have to
be compatible with it as it is a standard way of rendering messages.

Kindest regards,

Manos