Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Phase 1: Document Review Points

Dear Ranjeeth and Everyone,

Ranjeeth and I have spent some considerable time updating the eleven (yes eleven!) Phase 1 HumanMarkup documents.

Here are a few pointers I think we should use for document revision and editing in the future. Please add your own input so that we can assure that all HumanMarkup Technical Committee documents are accurate, germane, and comprehensive.

1) TC.Policy

 - the TC policy document as it stands is thorough
 - perhaps an explanatory narrative to introduce new or potential members?
 (I tried to address this with some new FAQ Q&As that will soon be posted)
 - perhaps this document would look better in HTML as opposed to plaintext?

2) TC.Documents

 -ideal convention for naming document
 -management of future documents and revisions (date, version numbers, etc) should be included in this document

3) TC.Projectplan

 -table of contents is quite helpful
 -need to elaborate on editors' roles
 -more info needed on VRAI and Physical subcommittees (this info was posted on the board and should be incorporated into the document)

4) HM.Frameworks

 -this would benefit from HTML also
 -perhaps the descriptor references should be distinct document?

5) HM.Applications

 -end user survey (that I am working on) should shore up this document nicely

6) HM.Requirements

 -txt formatting makes near impossible to read; format in html

7) HM.Integrations

 -the specific purpose of this document is unclear, please clarify role
 - is it integrations or interoperability?

8) HMI.Basic Info

 -this should be in an informal narrative type introductory document that is sort of like the FAQ but in narrative form

9) HMI.glossary

 -end user survey will include questions about new definitions needed, will also seek revision and elaboration of current set of words in glossary

10) HMI.links

 -links are up to date
 -we should conisder new more specific topic areas

11) HMI.faq

 -end user survey will include questions about questions (meta-queries ;-) ) that can be incorporated into future versions of the FAQ.

Cordially,

Joe Norris
jwnorris@humanmarkup.org