Subject: Re: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] Domains vs. Frameworks/Taxonomies

Just wanted to get our terminology straightened out here, before we plunge
back into the thick of things...

I.
<rex>
Domains=text,voice, multimedia, etc
Applications Domains=VR, Physical Description, Messaging, Email, etc.
You could call Applications Domains something else, if it helps, like
Applications Areas...<snip/>
</rex>

Ok, these make sense to me...I would prefer "application areas" as you
offered as an alternate suggestion, because we don't want any confusion
between "domains" and "application domains".  If you have a better
suggestion, please post immediately (before we solidify our terms.)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HM.applications.t
xt

II.
<rex>
Frameworks are the overall Ontologies that all the taxonomies stem from.
Epistemology is a framework, Aristotelian Syllogisms is amember of the
framework. Language is a framework, English a member.
</rex>
What I've listed under frameworks is somewhat different than your definition
here...it is a somewhat different way of breaking down the same
information...do you have any suggestions how could (or even should) resolve
these different breakdowns?
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HM.frameworks.txt

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga