Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Criminal Intelligence Systems

Not all information has a URI or URL.  That is from a DOJ CFR and
was given to me in hardcopy as part of daily work routines.

Yes, in context of a criminal investigation, information is collected
but it must be relevant to the investigation, that is, cannot be
collected routinely.   There are restrictions on what information
can be collected, the contexts in which it is collected, and the
dissemination of such information to other parties.  Private citizens
do have rights with regards to such collection and notification about
such collection.

I posted that to be informative.  One could be proposing uses of
HumanML that violate DOJ regulations or existing statutes.  In
early discussions of HumanML, we discussed stereotypes as one
application in which artificial humans are enabled.  These do
not violate statutes and if the proper procedures are followed
to remove the capacity of an organization or individual to identify
a subject of observation, can be initialized with information
from observation; however, the policies for that will vary
and the HumanML application designer should be aware that such
policies do exist.

len

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Norris [mailto:jwnorris@humanmarkup.org]

Len,

Could you please post a link to the entire document?

I would like to get the particular context this is within. I am sure such
information can be collected upon proper approval of authorities for
criminal dossiers and investigations. For example, if probably cause exists
for the investigation for a certain person, investigation into his or her
associations and activities would certainly be considered acceptable areas
for analysis.

I doubt the mere ability to track and process such datatypes are not, in and
of themselves, illegal - insofar as they operate within proper guidelines
that respect civil liberties of the investigated group or individual.