Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] curriculum for the science of knowledge

**Please excuse the cross posting, we are trying to create a formative
process for a virtual curriculum to support "a science of knowledge".

Please respond only to

and forward to whom ever you feel is appropriate.

**Dr. Paul Prueitt
**Founder (1997) www.bcngroup.org
**703-981-2676

**

Dr. Richard Ballard
Founder, Knowledge Foundations Inc

Dick,

You said in your note to me (see full text below):

"A
student or employee would be hard put to reproduce from their own experience
what is asserted or to argue the truth or predict the consequence of what is
said from instruction alone. The teacher suggests and the student goes forth
to test what is asserted."

see:

Certainly the value from the teacher is largely a question of belief and
faith.  But students need to follow.  There is a social dimension to this
that builds communities and provides for stability.  And there is the
possibility of a teacher changing the life of the student.

So it is difficult to "rationalize" the monetary value of education.  The
process that I am proposing seems to me to be very doable, if various
parties that I need help from would pull with me rather than waiting and
watching.  I was very close about four months ago, I had income to spare and
an audience... but things fell apart.

Distance learning and a knowledge base for addressing the rather profound
ignorance of people, in the mainstream, about the foundational aspects of
science and mathematics has been a life long *ideal* that I have carried...
kind of like a cross.

It certainly has not benefited me financially, as of yet.  I have resolved
to change this, by making the BCNGroup Foundation a reality, and the
BCNGroup virtual course and virtual conference session a reality.  The money
is there, and the infrastructure is there if

1) KMPro happened to strongly support by providing the technology (which is
suspect they are ready to do)
2) Several of the scholars in the Einstein Institute forum would
unconditionally help
3) Fourth Wave Group would come back into the picture (perhaps this is
important)
4) a new force (Michael Choi) would take over the marketing of OSI's
distance learning framework
5) we are lucky..
etc..

We could, I mean the BCNGroup or OSI, which ever corporation (one for profit
and one not for profit - and both never used for anything as yet) begin the
receive $200 payments from all over the world within a few weeks.  (In
certain counties this payment would be reduced to reflect the economic
status in that country).

Damn it, the product is there, the work has been done, everything is in
place.  The question is about whether or not those who can contribute now
rather than talk about February or June or 2003.

Let the revolution begin!

***

Regarding your statement

"course work is very hard on ontological
commitments"

But I am not proposing a machine intelligence deliver knowledge to the user,
but rather that a machine intelligence break down and re-compose topics.
This is quite different form say the Plato system which is suppose to wisely
answer questions directly.  I have felt that this notion is a fool's folly.

What I propose is a routing and retrieval system with humans very much in
the loop and governing how the immediate discussions are occurring between
teachers and learners.  But the environment is virtual and the discussion is
indirect in many cases.

http://www.ontologystream.com

The indirect communication is a produce of concept aggregation so that the
teacher "learns" that, for example, 46 out of the 250 students are talking
about x.  This notion is in the bead game design as the Master telling the
story (being told by the students) again, but at a more informed level.  The
de-aggregation and the re-aggregation of topics in a virtual discussion
would provide something that the face to face environments often do not
offer.

This will be a big win, when the BCNGroup Virtual System is deployed as
infrastructure.

In fact, I feel that the infrastructure that is presently available for
deployment could directly compete with brick and mortar universities (and
even High Schools).  I have long predicted the collapse of Dewey type
educational philosophy, with the advent of broad band capacity and a true
many-to-one communication channel.

(I have to make a remark about the new discussions between several members
of BCNGroup Founding Committee and Nordic Quantum Computing Group on the
notions about "physical theory of quantum information channels" and how this
formalism is reflected in the underlying many-to-one concept de-aggregation,
re-aggregation algorithms (that are simple and demonstrated). )

****

I need to ask that every one who knows distance learning organization have
them contact me.

703-981-2676

I have to find a way to cover **first quarter 2002 expenses**, so the press
is on for funding or gifts, or enlightenment.

***