Subject: [humanmarkup-comment]

First, thanks for jumping in. The more eyes/minds on our work the better it will
be in the end.

At 11:38 PM -0700 3/18/02, cognite@zianet.com wrote:
$$$$$$$$$$$$  This might be worth adding:

The HumanML Human Markup comes about in aid of fomenting accurate
communication, for which CULTURAL characterizations will be included,
at an abstract level in Primary and more concretely in Secondary Schemas.

I think it may be valuable to add a bit more explicit language tying cultural
characterizations into our basic statement of goals and objectives. The primary
and secondary distinctions are set to superset, with primary being fundamental
or the foundation on which the superstructure of the secondary is built.

The culture-characterization portion of Primary HumanML markup purports to
describe types of cultural features; Secondary schemas expand them in
characterizing particular cultures.
Cultural characterization that bears on communication will be emphasized.

(Do I have the "will" right, or should it be "should"?)

$$$$$$$  THE RATIONALE FOLLOWS.

This suggestion arises from pondering the exchange between Rex and Ranjeeth,

where Rex says:

>Here are my replies. This is good debate. I hope more people jump in

Specifically: