Subject: RE: possible Base anchor Idiosyncrasies RE: [humanmarkup-comment]First Working Draft of HM.Requirements

Note to lurkers and others, this particular discussion has now gone
on beyond the scope of the requirements per se, which is as it should
be. I just wanted to make that clear before I start in on what is
DEFINITELY a darn site more interesting to me than requirements.
Lessee, oh yeah, bald speculation, that's what I want to do.

My $.02: I think it is within the scope of the primary base schema to
have something along the lines of

huml.HumanIdentifier.SelfDescription:xxxx

I don't think I would go farther. I'm not sure how many datatypes
this should take beyond allowing for string. This would allow for any
number of other child elements in Secondary Schemata.

I suggest that it might be valuable if that piece of work we once
discussed--a chronological history of the Phase 0 discussions from
the Yahoo mail archive were taken up by someone with the time to put
it in referenceable order. As Len mentions, we went through a fairly
rigorous period of research and discussion. I for one, would prefer
not to have to rechew it all, though I wouldn't mind being able to
refresh my memory.

I do think we might want to stay with Characteristics,
CharacteristicSets, etc as a way to collect up elements and
attributes for descriptive purposes. I also think it still makes
sense to divide the element sets into actors and actions, chief among
which is communicators and communication.

We might also want to give some very, very careful consideration to
whether or not we want to have events and event handlers of our own.
I think not, but I could be persuaded that it was necessary,
depending on whether XML or the various sub specs have delivered up a
suitable array of possible events and event handlers. I know I am
getting beyond this discussion area, but, as with IPR and rights
negotiations for which OASIS just announced a new TC yesterday, and
which I have harped on about in the WSIA TC, as I have about
Transport Protocol inadequacies, these are considerations we will
have to deal with eventually one way or another, so we might as well
start thinking about them.

P.S. This message is not the further discussion of Requirements I
promised this morning.