Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Re: Base Schema-geolocator

Hi

I do have a lot of comments to make regarding some of the different base
schema elements that have been discussed over the past several weeks,
and am only now getting a chance to go through.  I'll to start with
Geolocator, and work backwards (and forwards).

There isn't much information on the original Schema draft, but based on
my assumption this element is referring to an absolute point referring
to a specific location of a human being on a plane (or, rather, on a
globe).  Obviously, being part of the Base Schema, we would leave it up
to a higher level to define the actual units and framework involved.
These could be harmonized with some of the other metadata initiatives I
would assume, as Rex mentioned last and as James provided for.   A few
comments I have:

1)
What would be the formal distinction between this and address?
Geolocator I could see as an absolute frame of reference based on a
series of coordinates, and address based on a postal convention, I am
assuming.  I am still rereviewing some of the earlier posts, so some of
this may have been addressed (get it!) earlier, but perhaps you could
explain this again?

2)
Could 'address' be a higher level definition that is one level
abstracted from geolocator?  It is theoretically possible to abstract an
address from a specific geolocation I would assume.

2)
I don't know if any of the metadata standards proposed by James takes
into account virtual or other worlds, but I guess it doesn't really
matter at this stage as they would be defined by a higher level schema.
Still, something to note.

3)
Also, I am assuming that the geolocator probably describes the 'center
point' of a human as well.  We are not referring to the geolocation of
the appendages of a human being--would that correspondingly be defined
in bodyLocation I am assuming.

4)
Finally, we may want to consider, or allow for, a particular trajectory
to be accounted for as well of a human being.  This would go hand in
hand with location.

Comments on these?

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

---