Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-haptic

I forgot to add that the math for matching and mapping patterns is
most likely going to come from Wolfram's work, but I wouldn't want to
bog anyone down right now, except Sylvia, with the suggestion that
they have the Wolfram book to hand while going through Gudwin's work.
Rob's already done it and I'm slogging through it in parallel with
the process of examining the elements in the Base Schema.

When I think about how these apparently separate studies that have
each been assiduously worked on over the last twenty years, actually
work together I am put in mind of the Grateful Dead song, "What a
long strange trip, it's been."

I still second the suggestion.

At 11:08 AM -0500 8/23/02, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Everyone might want to glance over this over
>the weekend.
>
>http://www.dca.fee.unicamp.br/~gudwin/compsemio/
>
>Don't get too lost in Gudwin's terminology, but
>the models are sound.  Professor's and department
>heads are entangled in the processes of education
>and funding, publishing papers and accruing references
>to their work as a means of creating authority
>perspectives.
>
>We just need schemas and running code for semiotes.
>
>len

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309