Subject: RE: [huml-comment] FW: [KMForum-KScience]"Motifs distinguish net works"

Wiring is communication channels, gazintas and gazoutas.
I definitely think the pattern work will apply as you say.
Hmm... I wonder if the same routing patterns show up in
VRML ROUTEs.

The thing to look for of course, is how the HumanML
category values would affect the choices of route
patterns and do the route patterns affect the selectors
for sign semantics (choosing the interpretation).
Intuitively, I would think so because of such things
as inheriting a pattern from the culture or the group.
For example, my father was a believer in and taught
me to do business with locals as much as possible
over going to another county to buy a car to save
a few hundred bucks.   He said the costs were
insignificant next to the value of building reliable
local relationships.  Sort of downhome keiretsu but
proximity oriented.   A question then is, how do
the choices of network patterns build or negate
proxemic values and then, the effect overall of
shifts in proxemics.  For example, choosing non-near
nodes means learning non-local signs.  What are
the payoffs and downsides?  Greater scope of command
and control through broader if shallower communications?

Unfortunately, we have the news article but not
the actual technical report.

len

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

If the motifs are recurring and show definable patterns, the recent
work from Wolfram might apply. The advantage to that is that
eventually these and other patterns  when recognized can be analyzed
and manipulated mathematically. Or we might be able to provide new
computational operators. Imagine being able to change initial
conditions from one kind of pattern to another to see differing
outcomes or choose between such outcomes for the appropriate initial
governing conditions.

I do find the wiring metaphor a bit cumbersome.