Subject: TC.ProjectPlan: roles and responsibilities

I only have a couple of minutes this morning before heading out for the day,
but wanted to send a quick message regarding roles/responsibilities.

I've been hit pretty bad here by NIMDA, and I am still limping, but as long
as I can send/receive non-virulant emails, I think I'm ok ;-).

Our chosen responsibilities
--------------------------------

We can't formalize any additional votes or roles until our next meeting
(based on Karl's last message).  However, we can informally designate
responsibilities amongst ourselves, and proceed as if.  I recommend that all
persons at the meeting, and all those interested in taking resposibility for
a certain aspect of the project, do submit a formal 'responsibilities'
document detailing the contributios you would like to make for HumanMarkup.

I'll post my own later today, which will basically outlines my
responsibility as chair.

Since this is a voluntary effort, the contributions are mostly based on what
all of you want to accomplish or perform.

It would be great if the all the first meeting participants state this, at
this initial stage at least.
Of course, everyone is invited to do so as well.
     Ranjeeth, Joe, Kurt, Rex, Sean, Rob, Sudhakar, and Len (since we
nominated him)

(Len:  BTW, I nominated you to facilitate the XML Schema development effort.
Since you aren't part of the private TC list, I, or someone else, can
represent your interests here))

Subcommittees
-------------------

Sudhakar might be bringing in a lot of work that is very strongly related,
yet work can still function autonomously.  Thus, I think a subcommittee is
certainly appropriate in this case, but do provide a potential mission
statement.  Rob, I invite you to make do the same.

Even if we do/don't form subcommittees, we still would participate in roles
related to our own research interests.  We can decide, of course, at our
next meeting.

New Role:  HumanML_Write Facilitator
------------------------------

The HumanML_Write application that Joe started off creating really is a very
important application, and I hope everyone has had a chance to look at it.
Of course, HumanMarkup is not about developing applications, but this
application is our cornerstone, IMO.  It is a universally usable yet simple
application that allows end-users and non-SME's to get a feel for what our
project is about.  If it is properly cultivated, it is a very important open
source application.

For this project, we need a facilitator, and I nominate Joe.  (Joe:
although you currently accepted the role of non-technical Editor, I think
the HumanML_Write role is an essential one, if you accept.  The
non-technical editing, which is a full time job in and of itself, could be
split.)

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga