Subject: Re: Editorial Feedback needed

Using transformed HTML seems to make sense.  I think that OASIS's web server has an XML parser that could be used to do server side transforms, but perhaps OASIS' webmaster (Sharon Burbine) could provide us more information on what is available.

I personally am not a big fan of .pdf, because it is a larger file size and not as accessible as HTML.  However, use your best discretion in this regard, including what you feel should get converted first.

Also, if you could post the formal duties as editor (so it is clear to everyone) that would be great.  Again, it is fairly inclusive, and at some point in the near future, you can determine how you'd like to distribute the workload.  This will probably be after you get a chance to standarize the document formats.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
rkthunga@humanmarkup.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Kurt Cagle
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 3:15 PM
Subject: Editorial Feedback needed

Just a general note. In my capacity as Editor, I've begun to move all of our
core documents out of raw text and into XML, using the DocBook Schema. I
have been thinking     of XSL stylesheets to better
style the documents, but also recognize that not all browser (notable
Netscape 4.x) recognize XSL styled XML. What seems most reasonable in that
regard is to create the documents, then perform a translation to HTML for
those that don't currently have XSLT. I'm also looking at getting a XSL-FO
to PDF converter, but that will be down the line. Does anyone have any
comments, or preferences as to which docs to get converted first?

-- Kurt Cagle