Subject: [humanmarkup] Re: [humanmarkup-comment] HumanML Language ComponentsTasks

Title: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] HumanML Language Components
I will be working with Rob, who is chairing the Subcommittee  because I have a lot of VR experience, but little AI at all. Also I will most likely act as Liaison with Web3D Consortium since I am a member of that organization also and have served formally on working groups and task groups.

Also, I will be actively seeking the participation of the folks at UPenn Center for Human Modeling and Simulation. This is work that can see functional prototype apps in as little as six months, depending on how Web3D and H-Anim progress. While that can be exciting, it is also fraught with pitfalls which I will start bringing up next week.

If you haven't been following the foofooraw on xml-dev about the W3C's rather fumbling patent policy, be aware that there are some developments that we must also be aware of as we proceed in this arena.

Ciao,
Rex

At 10:56 AM -0700 10/12/01, Kurt Cagle wrote:
I'll act as Len's second on this; as you say, I'll see it eventually anyway so might as well stay in front of it. Please note that I'm not a strong VR guy, however (though I do a wicked mermaid in Poser), so I'll be following the leads of Rex and Len on that score.

-- Kurt
----- Original Message -----
From: Rex Brooks
To: Bullard, Claude L (Len) ; Rex Brooks ; humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 9:58 AM

Thanks Len,

I suspect Kurt will be willing since he is the Technical Editor and it will get in front him eventually anyway.

Also, I managed to fail to connect up the sentence wherein I mentioned you. It should read:

Just before ..., I had suggested that the Applications Domains that we have already identified, i.e. VR-AI and Physical Description should start separate threads to start identifying Domain-specific Requirements which (can be addressed) by  the larger XML Schema effort,...

My brain gets ahead of my fingers...

Ciao,
Rex