Subject: RE: [humanmarkup] Re: [humanmarkup-comment] HumanML Language Components Tasks

Title: RE: [humanmarkup] Re: [humanmarkup-comment] HumanML La
Amen. Stay turned.

Ciao,
Rex

At 4:40 PM -0500 10/12/01, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
And MPEG itself has a patent pool.  Sony is also in a suit filed by MIT over
MIT patents.   It's a landmine in every field.   As long as there was lots
of money in webTech, no one was beefing.  During a dry season, people fight
over land rights.  Can you say Mulholland?  The valley folks weren't all that
happy to watch their property turn into desert while the folks in LA built
swimming pools.

len
-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

I'm not hiding anything. The specific details just need a little research, or perhaps I should say  a little more research since I have just about researched this stuff to death. The MPEG-4 protocol is serious compromised by patents owned by Sony and Motorola that directly affect streaming of facial animation in the current MPEG-4 specification proposal. I

--
Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com