Subject: [humanmarkup] TC.outreach: NEW DOCUMENT (was Re: Outreach)

I created a document for our outreach efforts, mostly based on Rex's points
from a few days ago.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/TC.outreach.txt

Each subcommittee is responsible for finding/gathering contributors to the
project.

An additional mailing list can be developed, as it is needed.  Sounds like
something you guys are willing to take part in?

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

TC.OUTREACH

last updated: 30 October 2001

(this document describes the outreach we need to perform for the TC)

-----------------------------------

INTRODUCTION

-------------------

This document describes the manner and scope of our outreach efforts. The
HumanMarkup TC has gained a tremendous amount of interest (and criticism)
in the last couple of months, but has yet to have the consistent input from
a wide variety of individuals and organizations.  This input is absolutely
necessary for this endeavor to be successful in dealing with the
communications issues in front of us.  One of the reasons has been the lack
of infrastructure within the group, through which we could properly organize
and incorporate ideas from various people.  This is accounted for because
the HumanMarkup project does not have much precendent in the community, and
the building blocks we currently have were built from scratch.

At of the end of October, this infrastructure seems to have been put in
place. Initial subcommittees and liaisons are being formed within this TC
and between other TCs. Roles are clarified between all the core members. A
database currently exists whereby contributors and contacts are logged, and
a set of core building block documents exists and is being maintained.
Finally, a strategy is set forth through which we can approach the creation
of our effort.  Thus, we must pay attention to once again garnering support
and active interest from the community within, and at large.

This document describes the types of outreach needed.  It is up to each of
us in this effort to carry the effort, especially the chairs of individual
subcommittees.  Please share any concerns jointly on the board.   Happy
prospecting!

ONGOING PROCESS

-------------------

1) END USER SURVEYS

------------------

-distributed to current TC participants

-distributed to broader community

2) AFFILIATIONS (through HumanMarkup.org, Inc, TC, or member section -- TBD)

----------------

-set up a formal/informal liaison between HumanMarkup effort and various
companies

3) SME (subject matter expert) CONTRIBUTIONS

----------------------

-encourage subject matter experts through personal contacts/industry
contacts

-technical experts

        (XML, RDF, XTM, ebXML, SOAP, RDDL, etc)

-non technical experts

        (anthropologists, linguists, psychologist, mediators, diplomats)

-self-proclaimed experts

        (public at large)

-solicit support from other TCs, newsgroups

4) STIMULATE DISCUSSION (while INCORPORATING IDEAS PROPERLY)

-ask questions on a wide variety of topics, beyond current goals and
objectives

-ask direct, open-ended questions (even if controversial)