Subject: [humanmarkup] TC.outreach: appended with more points

I wanted to bring up some more points for our outreach campaign.

Of course, those of us that have been with the effort for the last several
months know that there has been tremendous interest in the effort, but
contributors have not stayed.  Again, it is understandable for us to have
fumbled a bit in the first few months, yet I wanted to reemphasize is the #1
issue for our TC to deal with, in my personal opinion, at this particular
stage, is making very clear how to proceed with outreach.

There are several reasons of course, which we have taken great pains to
address recently, and have for the most part are ready again to recruit the
help of experts.  However, here are a few more points that would help in
terms of member retention:

Thus, when we 're-announce' ourselves, let's make sure we get it right by
ensuring the following.  Here are some more ponts needed to address:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/TC.outreach.txt
-----
5) ADDITIONAL POINTS
-------------------------------
-A Working Example:
Each new contributor should present 'one idea' each...one example that can
serve as a strawman in each of their minds, which will anchor their
interests.

-Instant accountability:
Each new contributor would start out determining what they would like to be
accountable.  They are immediately determined a role/expertise to play.

-Verbal Commitment:
Although we aren't enforcing anything since this is a voluntary effort, we
would need to make it known that there is a certain level of commitment
involved.

-Provide a "launching ramp":
Customize a "launching ramp" for each visitor, with explicit directions on
how they can navigate their way into the discussion, and ultimately
contribute documents based on their insight.  Further, provide a "general
launching ramp" for people to jump in even without our explicit and personal
response.

-Follow Up:
Follow up with interested parties until they feel integrated with the
efforts.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga