Subject: [humanmarkup] Note on documents

Title: Note on documents
Hi Everyone,

This is mostly for Ranjeeth, Joe and Kurt, but as I go through the documents making them more comprehensive and consistent in preparation for Kurt's conversion of them to XML->XSLT->XHTML I am finding that there are hard line-endings in the text-only versions. I am taking the the time, as I go through them to remove these, as well as all other formatting.

However, since I will not personally be able to go through all of them before Kurt overtakes my own effort, I have asked the authors of these recently amalgamated documents to take the cue I have demonstrated and revisit their documents before I or Kurt get to them to take them to the next level as I am doing.

So now I just want to ask them or anyone who creates a raw (first) draft document to remove those hard line endings, as well as extra line spaces between paragraphs (staying with one extra line space to show paragraph separation), so that the job of reformating before converting is made much easier, less tedious, and much faster.

Also please refrain from adding manual indents, using only tabs, even if they do not adequately indent new lines sufficiently to look visually correct in the raw state--since all of those formatting decisions have to be deleted and redone before converting.

The same applies to columns, so please just don't despite how much vertical space you think you are saving, since you are really just adding time to the task of reformatting and converting.

The same thing goes for material being submitted for inclusion on the website or in websites. As the webmaster, I just have to take all of your best efforts, now matter how expert, out and start over to make it consistent with OASIS style guidelines and my own coding style, so it is better to simply not.

 If you feel you must, please send one copy formatted, and one raw, text-only with no line breaks, so I can see what you wanted and produce what is needed as close to what you wanted as I can within the limitations under which we work.

Remember:

€ text-only with no line breaks (no rtf or anything)

€ no columns

€ no manual indents, tabs only, no multiple word spaces

Thanks,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks