Subject: [humanmarkup] HM.applications updated, with reservations,and an Appeal to Email Apps Thinkers

Hi Everyone,

I finished this pass at the HM. applications document. I have been
conferring all day off and on with Rob Nixon about the way to list
the many AI techniques which we need to mention in a way that allows
them to be easily formatted as separate entities or entries even
though they are not on their own stand alone applications. They may
yet be listed as techniques without the "Generation" tacked on to
imply that they are HumanMarkup-Enabled "Generators" of Inference
Engines, Networks, Documents, Databases, etc.

So I wanted to add the disclaimer that there will undoubtedly be many
changes as we go forward, and, in fact, HumanMarkup is not designed
to produce stand alone applications although HumanML_Write/Report
comes close. It however, is still more of a word processor
enhancement than a HumanML applications per se.

In any event, HumanMarkup is aimed at enabling applications as an
HLAL, or meta meta language, a language about languages about
languages. Say it 20 times really quick and you'll get dry mouth.

Please bear in mind that we are largely expanding on previous work,
and it is very difficult to consider all the possible uses to which
our child will be put. And it is impossible, as Honest Abe pointed
out, to please all of the people all of the time. This pass at our
documents is aiming at comprehensiveness, but we realize that much
more will need to be done.

One last thing: Would Henrik and/or Manos care to pen a few lines
about the kind of applications for enabling better email filtering or
notification or email list management that they have envisioned? I
would like to add as many specifics as I can before I take this stuff
to the Web Services Component Model TC meeting in NY in Jan to see if
we have common ground for discussions about official liaisons.

And so it goes,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks