Subject: [humanmarkup] RE: [humanmarkup-comment] TC Meeting

Welcome back, Len,

Another case of bad timing. You can check the minutes of the last
meeting on the website for what we actually did. Suffice it to say
that we have just gone into a kind of formal requirements-gathering
phase as regards the schema. We also formally established the Human
Physical Characteristics Description Markup Language Subcommitee,
chaired by Sudhakar Gorti of Sun. We set the target date for everyone
to submit their requirements from specific subcommittee applications
areas and general applications areas at March 15, 2002. That gives us
enough time to get in touch with knowledgeable sources and gather the
information we need, we hope.

So, we are, in effect, stepping back, just as you suggest. And
discussion about these issues is definitely desired.

I am attending the three day face-to-face first meetings of the Web
Services Component Model TC Jan. 7-9 in Hawthorne, NY at the IBM
Research facility there. I am presenting on the inter-relationship
between HumanMarkup and WSCM. Kurt and I are finishing up the
combined pdf, ppt and animated svg that makes it up. We will be
posting the entire thing on the website eventually. It's very basic.
I am actually joining that TC, and will gather what requirements we
need from this arena in that process.

Don Brutzman posted an update of h-anim work on the Web3d list that
is interesting for its use of voice-activated behavior which relates
to interfaces for WSCM and will be important for us, too. I'm
including mention of it in the presentation, so it will eventually
wind up as part of that on our site.

Ciao,
Rex

--