Subject: [humanmarkup] Chat Tomorrow,followed by vote? And Secondary Schemata/Subcommittee Issues

Hi Everyone,

This is the message I promised. I want to propose that we have a chat
conference on Yahoo IM tomorrow from 8-10 pm EST.  If someone would
like to state a preference for starting at 10 pm, I would certainly
be pleased, but if I lived on the right coast, I wouldn't love it, so
that's why I set it for 8-10, hoping we could perhaps settle on 9pm
or 10pm, but regardless, I think we need to have a chat to make last
corrections, substitutions, changes, etc, which I will use in a final
working draft which we can then put up for a vote on the TC mailing
list from Thursday to Saturday so that we can, hopefully, meet our
target date Sunday, March 31, 2002 and move on to more interesting
things.

So much for that. I would also like to propose, for topics to be
discussed at next month's meeting, that we combine Ranjeeth's
Diplomatic Negotiations project into the HumanML_Write/Report
Subcommittee  and rename both the Subcommittee and the Secondary
Schemata to Conflict Resolution and Diplomatic Negotiations, and that
we decide how we want to handle the requirements for these Secondary
Schemata.

They can be separate documents or we can add them to the
HM.requirements document as addenda, appendices, or sections.
However, whatever we do should be consistent, and, to anticipate
discussion, I don't think we need to alter our timetable for adopting
the base HM.requirements document by our target date.

My reasoning behind combining the HumanML_Write/Report and Diplomatic
Negotiations effort is that they both deal with issues related to
conflict resolution or avoidance, even though I admit that
HumanML_Write/Report can have applications beyond Conflict
Resolution. I see it as being easier to combine the two efforts and
that I think there is an inbuilt synergy there that can be combined
into a single Secondary Schema. I have had my reservations about
moving ahead with HumanML_Write/Report without having a schema in
place to support it, but I think we can reverse engineer through this
combination in a way that will tidy up and crisp up the corpus of our
work.

Please let me know what you think, especially in regard to a chat
tomorrow. Let's put in the effort and get this puppy out the door, eh?

Ciao,
Rex