Subject: Re: [humanmarkup] Base Schema-chronemic

Hi again, again,

Is it the case that no one has anything to say about chronemic? I
know this is not the case because various aspects of time-binding
have been mentioned in the discussions of artifact and channel.
However, to be able to pull those ideas out of the threads we are
creating, they need to be brought up in messages under the thread to
which they belong. This may seem tedious, especially since OASIS is
very slow in updating those archives by thread as opposed to dates.
This is something that I have to take up with them soon, while I go
through updating our work according to the emerging standard formats
they are developing as spectools.

So, please, if you can take the time, pull out the time-based
arguments you have made. I think there may be an application overlap
in the area of simulations of human behavior within
archeological/anthropological contexts that would directly employ
artifacts for forensic anthropology. For instance, say a group wanted
to reconstruct living conditions of Bronze Age Peoples from various
localities around the mediterranean and contrast them with the living
conditions of similar people in the Southwestern desert of North
America.

How many different aspects of chronemics would be employed in
creating such simulations? How would the simulations change with the
advent of further archeological discoveries?

Ciao,
Rex

Hi again,

While it seems a bit gratuitous to reply to my own posts, it is
necessary to keep the sequential nature of the threads in order.

In thinking about chronemic elements, beyond the time-binding aspect
of session-specific interactions between humans, between machine(s)
and human(s), between agent(s) and human(s), between machine(s) and
agent(s) and between agents, both in real-time transactional
interactions like shopping, discussions, and information searches, or
simulation scenarios, I am struck by the necessity to expand this
notion to include archeological, geological, and anthropological time.

Thoughts?

Ciao,
Rex