Subject: [humanmarkup] Minutes of June Meeting

Title: Minutes of June Meeting

Here are the TC Minutes, which I will link to this post Sunday, July 7, 2002 and some other updates to the TC website.

June 19, 2002

Teleconference meeting of the OASIS HumanMarkup Technical Committee.

USA Toll Free Number: 888-576-9014
USA Toll Number: +1-773-756-0201

Roll Call:
Voting Members:

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
Rex Brooks
Rob Nixon

Minutes taken by TC Secretary Rex Brooks

Meeting convened12:10 p.m. Eastern Time

This meeting was on our normally scheduled third Wednesday of the Month.

We lacked a quorum, so conducted no significant business during this meeting. This was not unanticipated since several members had indicated either conflicts with other events or impending vacation plans.

Rob Nixon and Rex Brooks reported on their meetings in Berkeley during the last week of May during which Rob was able to demonstrate the motion capture work results Quantum Dynamics, International, Inc. had accomplished. A behavioral learning engine is one significant part of this work will utilize HumanMarkup in its further evolution. Thus it became apparent that some important developments are likely in the field of Virtual Reality which can be applied to such areas as Forensic Anthrolopology and Real Time simulation training and gaming.

Ranjeeth reported that he is continuing to work toward his goal of developing the capacity to spend more time and effort on Diplomatic Communications for which he is still collecting background information.

Ranjeeth and Rex both indicated that their respective search for grants to aid the development of HumanMarkup are ongoing.

Rex Brooks reported that he will be attending a series of workshops in Washington, D.C. held by the Defense Modeling and Simulations Office September 9, 10, 11. This represents a signficant opportunity to gain acceptance and credibility for the HumanMarkup effort.

Other than these reports, no further business or plans were discussed.

We adjourned early.

We hope that our next meeting, scheduled for July 17, 2002, is attended more fully. We do have quite a bit of work to organize for the fall season.

Regards,
Rex Brooks
OASIS HumanMarkup Technical Committee Secretary