Subject: [humanmarkup] ANNOUNCEMENT: TC Meeting Information

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would try the ANNOUNCEMENT method for getting a wee bit
more attention than normal, and I wanted to ring a couple of bells
for people who might want to listen in and ring some twice just to
get your attention, so if you receive this twice, I beg your
indulgence, but, unlike last month's meeting, when we could allow for
the vacation-season slack, we need to have as fully-attended a
meeting tomorrow as we can to get back on track.

The main point on the agenda will be Len's semiotic
processor/application experiment, and getting reconnected. That's the
interesting part so I mention it first.

Now for the less interesting part. I will be going over the
unavoidable, inevitable, and required part of our work which is to
provide our input into the areas of profiles and security, i.e. where
in the single-sign-on authentication process we need to weigh in with
our proposals for adding depth profiling and end-user control of all
individual information, including methods to penalize those who will
inevitably abuse that information even if we establish the clear
precedent of end-user control. We haven't so much neglected this
area, as we have simply not progressed far enough in our work to have
much to say about it, but Web Services and Single-Sign-On
Authentication (e.g. .NET and Liberty Alliance) are proceeding fast
enough that we now need to organize ourselves around preparing a
White Paper at the least, and an appendix to our first specifications
framing our requirements in these areas and detailing what we can
provide in aid of these efforts.

I am going to volunteer to write the White Paper(s), but I will need some help.

Here is the relevent teleconference information:

>  # OF LINES:              Total=16 Dialout=0 Meet Me=12 Meet Me Toll=4
>  Entry Method: Tone In
>  CALL DATE:         JUL-17-2002  (Wednesday)
>  CALL TIME:         12:00 PM EASTERN TIME
>  DURATION:              2 hr
>  USA Toll Free Number: 888-576-9014
>  USA Toll Number: +1-773-756-0201
>   PASSCODE: 22235