Subject: [humanmarkup] Fwd: ANSI KM and KE Standards Committees

Hi Folks,

This came in over the transom this morning and I thought I would toss
it along since James Landrum's definition of culture involved one of
the most overload terms in current usage--Knowledge.

IF Culture is shared knowledge, in the wider sense I mentioned
earlier, in the discussion thread on that topic, THEN we need to
conversant with the current schools of thought in the groups working
to standardize Knowledge Management. Like Topic Maps, it is one of
those areas in which I actively lurk, and in this case, actively
joined, which I may have cause to regret if participation becomes a
requirement.

However, like Topic Maps, it is an area which we cannot ignore, so I
am passing this along in the hope that someone amongst can also
decide to monitor and participate in this group, which appears headed
toward a significant role in shaping international knowledge
management standards and practices.

Ciao,
Rex

--