Subject: [humanmarkup] Base Schema-human

Good morning, Human Markup!

human

This is a ComplexType, not abstract, belongs to the attribute group
of humlIdentifierAtts and does not reference other elements.

This is the largest single container in our language, and as Len
correctly points out is possibly the root element of the schema. I
would say it is.

Isn't it odd that the very crux of our effort has so little that it
is appropriate to say about it? It will require a name which is to
say that the collection of characteristics for each particular
instance of this element will define a name, and this name will have
the type humlNameAtts.

This is a true case of less equalling more because the less we say
about this element here, the more characteristics it can contain. I
briefly thought that we might want to allow for another element which
I would call agent or humanAgent to represent bots, but decided that
that would add too much overhead for distinguishing between the
representation of an actual, currently living, biological human being
and a software entity. Since both agents and humans will be compared
against the identifying information they assert for themselves,
taking all such entities at face value simplifies the task of
handling and tracking interactive behavior while little purpose is
served by adding another set of computations to recognize a
distinction that will not matter to machines and can't be instantly
verified by human end-users/clients.

Ciao,
Rex
--