Subject: [humanmarkup] Base Schema - kinesic

Steppin Lively Now....

kinesic is a ComplexType element with the characteristic of being
abstract and belongs the attribute set humlIdentifierAtts.

It is described as Human Movements. It is also described as a
vocabulary of body language used to protray moods and emotions and
tom emphasize or contradict what is being said (expressed verbally in
vocalized language--my own addition). An example is an interview.
This element is also given a content of sequence as a default.

I think we may want to add a bit of clarification to what we mean by
vocabulary. I think what we mean is a set of specific movements we
can call gestures, and which need to be further described by a
lexicon of gestures, such as shoulderShrug, headNod, headShake,
handShake, etc. However, I think this lexicon needs to be in the
Secondary Base Schema and is perhaps the best example yet for why we
need this division before we get to the application-area schemata.

Thoughts?

Ciao,
Rex
--