Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Doc-chronemic

Title: PBS-Doc-chronemic
http://ead.reit.up.pt:8900/orch/ongmodes.htm

Anybody looked at this fellow's work. It seems to be a unifying concept to what I called our "stuff-ics."

Somehow this isn't going to be as quick and simple as I thought. Our discussion of chronemics was somewhat cut short by the emergence of the "semioitics" experiment which has since blossomed into the semiotics processor, which also happens to fulfill most of our discussions of grammar or process, which is, btw, covered in the research I've been encouraged to do for completing this "little" task.

Regardless, I do happen like the notion of "Chronemics is the study of how time functions as a variable affecting communication." The fact that he uses the same phrase for kinesics, proxemics, etc doesn't diminish the appropriateness of the concept, especially as it applies across the board.

I just hit my twelfth hour for today, and I am fading fast, so I will probably have time to absord any comments anyone cares to make.

Ciao,
Rex
Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309