Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Doc-humanGroup

Title: PBS-Doc-humanGroup
See: Base Schema - community/SEMIOTIC COMMUNITY

Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema - humanGroup

             From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
             To: humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org, humanmarkup@lists.oasis-open.org
             Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:13:38 -0700

      Here is a first take on:

      Base Schema - humanGroup

      This is an abstract complexType element which will take the attribute
      humlIdentifierAtts since it  applies to a particular characteristic
      of an human, to belong to communities. It does not use other
      elements. It may be used by other elements.

      It is described/defined as two or more humans gathered together for a
      particular purpose. This gathering or grouping is not limited to
      immediate physical or digital presence in any particular environment
      at any particular time. Thus the concept of humanGroup transcends
      many traditional limitations of inlcusion, but it does require some
      additional qualifiers to be useful. It is the unit upon which the
      concept of community depends.

      We have had fairly lengthy discussions arriving at this element as
      necessary in the Primary Base Schema, which mostly came about as a
      result of the discussion early in this sequential alphabetic process
      during our discussions on the element community and subsequently on
      the element of culture. However, it would be helpful if some of those
      discussions could be expanded upon for the purpose of documenting
      this element on its own. This is due largely to the fact that there
      may simply not be enough time to abstract those particular
      discussions from posts on other elements and notes from minutes of
      our meetings.

      Thanks, any help is gratefully appreciated.

      Ciao,
      Rex