Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Doc-semiote

Title: PBS-Doc-semiote
We have deferred referent to the Secondary and Semiosis as defined by Sylvia Candelaria deRam (cognite@zianet.com) below has also been added as part of the newly created Semiosis Section of the PBS.

Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Re: Signs, Referents and Semiote

             From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
             To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>,'Rex Brooks' <rexb@starbourne.com>,
             humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
             Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:24:46 -0700

      Title: Re: Signs, Referents and Semiote
      Referrant/Referent (spelling?)  came up in the September telecon and we added it to list of new elements.

      If we think it is best to use it as an enumeration, derivation, extension or refinement of sign, along with signifier and signified, then it should be in the Secondary Base Schema, and I leave it to the list to inform me of how that should be handled. If these need to be treated similarly to or differently than each other, I am equally sanguine with it.

      How's that for punting?

      Ciao,
      Rex