Subject: [humanmarkup] Technical Question

Title: Technical Question
Hi Everyone,

I have a technical question. Since no one has offered a reason not to follow the federal guidelines, and the guideline specifies Upper camel case for elements, should we change the name of humlNameElements to HumanNameElements to prevent confusion with the root element Huml? This is also our namespace prefix which will be used with lower camel case "huml:" (or will it?).

This is the url to the spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#ns-decl

Below is the example from the url above that makes it look like our namespace prefix should be lower camel case: "xmlns:huml=" ...">.

An example namespace declaration, which associates the namespace prefix edi with the namespace name http://ecommerce.org/schema:

  <x xmlns:edi='http://ecommerce.org/schema'>
    <!-- the "edi" prefix is bound to http://ecommerce.org/schema
         for the "x" element and contents -->
  </x>

In terms of the guidelines, I think it would just be easier to change the name of the complexType to "HumanNameElements" which also keeps it well apart from, but mutually interoperable with xNL.xsd which is from the CIQ TC schema,  PersonName-1_2.xsd from HR-XML and the as-yet-unspecified particular formulation of XNSORG. Also, if we use it this way and import those namespaces as well, it will provide another normative use for all said standards and guidelines and should prevent confusion with our namespace.

<badMusicalParody>" Let's get technical, technical..."</badMusicalParody>

Ciao,
Rex

P.S. Ain't it awful what a good night's sleep will do for ya?
--
Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design