Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Proofreading

Title: PBS-Proofreading
Hi Everyone,
With many thanks to Sylvia for her proofreading, I have attached the corrected version of the .xsd file and a Word version of the documentation that is easier to read than another version of the html, which I will remove after this process. I still have to do the final voting version tomorrow morning, if we have any other changes than HumanNameElements and after that I have to do the official OASIS html and Word versions with all the extra explanatory text--sigh.

If any of you can't import nearly 1 MB of attachments, I can send them separately.

Notes on proofreading corrections.

I have put the appropriate names in Upper camel case in accordance with the federal guidelines.

In Human:

I used "A named entity" to indicate that a name is required to be an instance of this element as a shorter way of saying "An entity that is named in accordance with HumlNameElements and/or the standards imported into this specification..." I am under the impression that it is better to be explicit but terse.

It is now "An entity..." because the attribute of having a name can be said to be a basic characteristic--but we may have to revert if there is any confusion about name being a requirement. It is a requirement. We can have aliases but not anonymous entities.

In Measurement-Unit:

I used the hyphen instead of the underscore because it is easier to see in documents and code and with the difficulties we have in the computer world with white space, charactersets and escape characters and line endings, anything that leads to confusion is a liability regardless of how well understood we think an issue is. So I just made it a single compound term for the sake of simplicity since it follows an equally well-known practice.

It is now "MeasurementUnit".

In Proxemic:

I deleted the the specific distance information because I did not have a reference for the information. I can put it into the OASIS HTML and Word Specification documents if I can include the references. I left the categories of personal distance and social distance as examples of what is meant, but we may need to either define them in accordance with established practice, if we can do that without conflicts with existing definitions. As with commas, I use the mnemonic "when in doubt, leave it out."

Thanks,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks