Subject: [humanmarkup] PBS-Voting Version1.1

Title: PBS-Voting Version1.1
Hi Everyone,

I don't know how many times I have named a file or message final only to follow with a finalfinal version and not have a good new name or naming/numbering convention to suit it. So, I am not going to call this version or this message final but PBS Voting Version 1.1 and hope we don't have to do this many more times for this first working draft version of the PBS.

I have attached the corrected files with this message and I have updated the html version which you can view at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/huml-primary-base-1.0-html/huml-primary-base-1.0.html

Regardless, I want to list the changes, or decisions not to change based on Sylvia's post yesterday. Making proofreading corrections always makes me feel like I'm back in elementary school.

1. Locator is an element, and the federal guidelines want upper camel case for that. They don't make a distinction between simpleTypes and complexTypes,

   Cooomunicational changed to Communicational in Kinesic item,

    <attributeGroup="strength" type="range"/> changed to <xs:attribute ref="intensity"/> in Channel item,

   Agen changed to Agent in Semiote item,

  Explanatory text deleted in Personality item.

   Items that are specifically associated with communication have the humlCommlAtts attributeGroup. Items associated primarily with human-specific characteristics take the humlIdentifierAtts, and those which currently have humlTemporalAtts, after additions are: Channel, Kinesic, Proxemic, Chronemic, Haptic, Artifact, Emotion, Intent, Thought, Semiosis, Signal, HumanGroup, Community and Culture.

      I used the rubric of whether or not the items are almost always associated with a specific temporal attribute. I did not include Address, which has a current and previous distinction, nor Sign or Symbol which can be used without a specific temporal qualifier. Semiote, likewise isn't almost always associated with a specific temporal attribute.

        Note: it is always allowed to add a temporal attribute if it is called for.

2:   Intensity uses range as a simpleType attribute. It is a datatype.

       Yep, we use both types of extension: by restriction in simpleTypes and by complexContent extension. Chances are we will end up using every option and combination allowed by XML Schema. It would be wonderful if we had an XML Expert on our team.

Let's get out the vote, eh?

Ciao,
Rex

--