Subject: Re: [humanmarkup] Please Vote

Karl,

I see that I was in error. This is my fault and only my fault. I had
thought that invited experts were allowed to vote under the previous
rules. There are only two invited experts who were not previously
OASIS members, and their contributions have been extremely important.
Those two are Len Bullard and Dr. Sylvia Candelaria deRam.

Members whose OASIS memberships have lapsed recently, and who have
expressed a willingness and intention of renewing were asked to
continue with this process on the basis of their past contributions.
We would not have finished work on the Primary Base Schema without
their help and effort. To be honest I felt they deserved a vote. I
myself would have fallen into their situation without the
intervention of Ranjeeth.

I will do whatever you think is appropriate. The vote was unanimous,
and I have been devoting myself to this work in the hope that once we
move this first specification into the public comment period, we will
attract greater interest and participation.

We can revote if you think this is necessary. I understand now, as I
said, that this was in error. I did not mean to override or imply
that I could. The vote could also be treated as a straw poll of those
who participated in the work. I would be devastated if the work
itself were invalidated on the basis of my actions.

I apologize for putting us all in this position, and I would ask only
that you not impose penalties on any but me. I am ready to do what
you think is best.

With Deepest Apologies,
Rex Brooks