Subject: [humanmarkup] Voting

Hi Everyone,

In reviewing current and previous OASIS policies and procedures, and
having been notified by Karl Best yesterday that he cannot accept a
vote that includes ineligible participants, it is clear that invited
experts are not allowed to vote in TC issues unless those invited
experts have been personally okayed by the CEO, which we have not
requested yet. This misunderstanding is entirely my responsibility
and I apologize deeply for having misinformed you about that. There
really is no excuse for such lack of care and attention to detail.

The fact that I was concentrating on getting this first specification
to the point where we could submit it as a TC specification for
public comment is likewise no excuse, but I do hope you can
understand and forgive me for this error. As I now understand it we
have two choices, vote again, or not count the votes of those who
were ineligible. Since our vote was unanimous for approval, I am
personally in favor of proceeding without a new vote, but I admit I
am biased in favor of getting to a point where we can legitimately
present our work and our overall effort before a larger audience in
the hope of attracting more participation and support.

Also, by way of updating you on my progress with making proofreading
corrections, I stopped that process at the component Community
yesterday. Since I am doing both the Word and HTML documents
simultaneously, and both need to be proofread yet again to double
check that the grammar and typos were corrected accurately, I doubt I
can finish this, in the context of both elections and 8-hours a day
of WSIA-WSRP minus lunch break before Thursday, but I will try.

I suggest that each of you, eligible or not, reply to this message
with your feelings and position on whether we should vote again or
discount the ineligible votes and proceed forward. For those of you
to whom invited expert status has been extended from our group, I
should inform you that we will have to make separate requests for
each of you to be granted official one-year memberships by Patrick
Gannon, but I think we should decide that specific issue in our usual
monthly meeting, which I will arrange after this hell week has gone
the way of all things.

Again, my apologies,
Rex
--