Subject: [humanmarkup] Follow-Up Re: CNET Web Services Conference

Hi Folks,

I have now read more about this particular session and track, and it
appears to apply more to planning for "authorization, authentication
and beyond" security planning, and HumanMarkup would fit into the
beyond -- specifically into personalization enhancement. The diagrams
I mentioned yesterday could still be adapted. I am only beginning to
explore the security aspects in greater detail now that we have the
initial specification from HumanMarkup out the door.

I'm including Rich in this message even though it is unfair to ask
him to do any further work than is already on his plate, but I am
only asking that he consider sending along any materials similar to
the diagrams included in v. 0.5 of the Spec from his work in the
Security SC. That is, of course, dependent on permission to include
such materials from the wsia-wsrp joint interfaces specification work
from Charlie Wiecha.

Dee, if you have some materials on the web services security aspect
(in diagrammatic images or powerpoint format), I would appreciate
having them. I would expect that SAML or XACML materials would be
excellent.

I am going to go ahead and confirm and put together a 15-minute
powerpoint presentation from the viewpoint of the end user/browser or
user-agent role in the process, focusing on how development managers
can optimize their products to appeal to the end user by focusing on
delivering highly personalized adaptations of their software based on
personalization profiles and working directly with authenticated end
users.

I am including the latest message I received from the contact at CNET
for those who have not yet been informed about it. Note please that
this particular session is scheduled for Dec. 10, 2002.

Ciao,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks