Subject: [humanmarkup] TC ShortName Change

Title: TC ShortName Change
Hi Everyone,

I am including the list of now-unofficial and non-voting invited experts because we hope to keep you all involved and so want to ensure that you are kept up-to-date on TC work.

So, because we did not have a quorum yesterday, we need to take a vote on the TC list, so we need voting members to respond soon. The issue is: Resolved: The short name of the OASIS Human Markup Technical Committee shall henceforth be "huml"

This term also corresponds to our namespace prefix, which will identify the use of our namespace for particular terms in applications or other schema.

The most obvious benefit will be shortening the subject line reference in our emails. In general shorter is better. It is easier to remember and provides less opportunity for typos. And, as I pointed out in our meeting yesterday, a new proposal being discussed for document identifiers is being discussed on the chairs list. I said TC short names were aimed at four characters, but reviewing that proved it was not the case, it was due to the fact that the examples were all four or less characters for the TC name. I wanted to correct that.

As an example of how this would affect our current committee specification, with our current short name, which is no shorter than our regular name, it would be identified thus:

cs-humanmarkup-primarybase-01

which stands for: committee specification, humanmarkup TC, primary base, version 01

with the new short name it would be:

cs-huml-primarybase-01

I vote yes.

Ciao,