Mail Index message

Subject: [huml] Fwd: [tm-pubsubj-comment] OASIS Published Subjects TC - Workingdraft for review

Hi Folks,

I wanted to pass this along, since it is definitely relevant to
CIDOC, even though it will, at best, only be available for
public-comment by then. So, while it might merit a mention as another
OASIS standard in progress that will be available for use with CIDOC
CRM and HumanML in the foreseeable future, it does not at this time
rate a significant inclusion. If mentioned at all, it would be in the
section which mentions RDF as a related standard tool.

Of course, I do view this as welcome, though I haven't reviewed the
actual spec candidate document yet.

Cao,
Rex

>Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:06:17 +0100
>From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
>Subject: [tm-pubsubj-comment] OASIS Published Subjects TC - Working draft for
>  review
>To: 'TopicMapMail' <topicmapmail@infoloom.com>,
>  'tm-pubsubj-comment' <tm-pubsubj-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>,
>  "'XRI List (E-mail)'" <xri@lists.oasis-open.org>
>Cc: 'semantic web project discussion list' <seweb-list@www1-c703.uibk.ac.at>
>

>Apologies for cross-posting
>
>The first deliverable of Published Subjects Technical Committee, long
>overdue, is in the phase of final review. Before putting the document
>into ballot, we welcome all relevant and knowledgeable comments. Please
>have in mind that this specification is mainly targeted to users who are
>not topic maps experts, so we will appreciate feedback from anywhere,
>but especially from the following domains, people, communities:
>
>- RDF, Semantic Web, Ontologies communities, since Published Subjects
>are envisioned by many as a cornerstone of interoperability between
>various semantic tools.
>
>- Librarians, taxonomists, documentalists and all similar kind of
>vocabulary hackers, since they manage the legacy that is likely to
>provide the main source of Published Subjects.
>
>- More generally whoever has to manage identification of whatever in a
>networked environment ... that is ... almost everybody :)
>
>The document for comment is on-line at:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/recommendations/wd-
>pubsubj-introduction-01.htm
>
>Please send feedback *only* to tm-pubsubj-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
>
>The archives of this list are at:
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj-comment/
>
>Thanks for your interest.

>Bernard Vatant
>Senior Consultant - Knowledge Engineering
>www.mondeca.com
>
>Chair - OASIS Topic Maps Published Subjects TC
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/

Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309