Subject: Re: TC.ProjectPlan: roles and responsibilities:secretary/webmaster

>As a follow up to last week's post, here are a list of duties that
>theTC Scretary and Webmaster
>in addition to those detailed below
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml
>

>Other Administrative Roles
>--------------------
>Secretary - Rex
>Webmaster - Rex

In addition to the enumerated duties,  the Secretary is also responsible for
-uploading documents to the oasis-open.org ftp server for archiving purposes

The Webmaster is also responsible for including those documents in the webpage.

This is the reason I chose to volunteer for both duties, because they
fit together. So, as with Kurt's suggestion, when documents are ready
to be uploaded for archiving and for inclusion on the website, they
should be posted to me privately with the documents as attachments in
text-only format. I may have to develop a way to flag such emails,
such as multipleFlames so that I get a nice visible set of red flags
with such entries in my inbox for quick scanning. I've got too many
filters and different email accounts already, so that won't work. And
neither will any Winte-specific maneuver since I use the Mac for
email to duck viruses and worms.

Since I am not in agreement with the notion of working in HumanML or
HumanMLWrite for our work because it is a language and application
respectively in progress and would necessitate too many revisions, I
will argue against that in the proper forum. For now, we already have
a viable means for working.

As for Kurt's suggestion, I believe we need to take up the options of
collaborative tools and an official collaborative ftp/website/backup
structure in the next full  meeting. I encourage you all to research
and test and come to your own conclusions. Ranjeeth suggested equill
and, while I have downloaded and installed it,  I have not yet done
the tutorial, but it is shareware or try it to buy it ware, and when
I get some time I will learn it. I have started some of my own
research onr collaborative tools, but haven't followed up with that
yet either.

Whatever we decide on will have to be workable for all participants.
Fortunately for this, I am cross platform capable so I can translate
back and forth if needs be, although I don't do Solaris presently,
but it would be best to avoid that if possible. Those wishing to use
Solaris, Linux or some other flavor of Unix would have to provide me
the OS, and a box if that was necessary, and that seems dubious since
my Unix box is a lowly 100Mhz 486 running FreeBSD currently not
connected to the net. I could set it up to do Linux in a lame sort of
way, and while I plan to eventually build a P4 box with a multi-boot
set of Unix flavors, that is off in the distance now.

Otherwise I can do Mac OS 9.4 stuff and Win2K stuff.