Subject: [humanmarkup] Physical Markup Language Subcommittee Considerations

Title: Physical Markup Language Subcommittee Considerations
Thanks Sudhakar,

I invite everyone to comment on this. I think we can address your concerns promptly. Physical Description Markup is likely to be a hot topic soon, so we need to gather the requirements quickly. It would be a good idea to start formally using the list to decide some issues and keep work moving forward between meetings.

Hopefully we can get this Subcommittee on track next week. Meanwhile if anyone has some thoughts on the applications that Physical Description will allow, it would be appreciated. So in that spirit, I suggest we investigate establishing a protocol that will be acceptable to the medical community for encoding various kinds of medical information from things like cat scans to EEGs to simple things like blood pressure and pulse rate and other immediate vital signs information in a way that will allow for remote diagnosis and consultation.

Ok, there's a start. Anybody care to take me up on the challenge?

We'll get cracking next week.