Subject: [humanmarkup] Working with other TCs

Title: Working with other TCs
Hi Everyone,

Below is a copy of a message from Scott McGrath announcing an event this Wednesday of which I want to be sure our members are aware. I have sent in my request to join the Web Services Component Model TC which is being prepared for formal establishment at this time. I intend to volunteer as liaison from our committee to this new committee, and I encourage others to do the same with other TCs. I have corresponded separately with some of our members about this and I believe we will have liaison efforts with Topic Maps Published Subjects TC and Universal Business Language TC.

There are others that I would like to see us engage, but I can only act for myself and speak for myself. If I had the time I would join the following TCs:

Conformance,
XML Conformance,
XSLT Conformance and
Directory Services.

These are TCs which form the basis for interoperability which most affect HumanMarkup, in my opinion. I also suggest that we consider proposing a Joint Committee of HumanMarkup, Web Services and Topic Maps to ensure that overlap and duplication of effort are avoided and that cooperation and complementarity.

Also, if anyone is interested in carpooling from the East SF Bay area to Santa Clara, for this event, please give me a call.

OASIS is holding a public information meeting on Web Services Standards, in conjunction with the Web Services/XML Edge Conference, Santa Clara, CA

Meet with the founding members of OASIS' newest Technical Committee - Web Services Component Model to learn more about this important new specification and how it impacts your future.  Representatives of HP, IBM, Epicentric, Documentum and more will be on hand to discuss their charter.

Also in attendance to answer your questions about the future of web services-- Simon Nicholson, Chair of the Joint Co-ordination Committee for ebXML, and representatives of a number of other OASIS TCs impacting web services-Directory Services Mark-up Language, Registry Repository, Provisioning, Access Control etc.

You should plan to be there. Bring your peers and fellow employees.  This is your opportunity discuss the future of web services with these leaders and learn how your company can benefit from participating in the open collaboration of OASIS.

Wednesday 24 October 2001
6:30 P.M.
Room 203
Santa Clara Convention Center
Santa Clara, CA USA
Refreshments will be served, courtesy of HP and IBM.

Your RSVP is appreciated, but not required.