Subject: [humanmarkup] Re: TC.roadmap: CREATED

Dear Ranjeeth and Everyone,

Looking over Ranjeeth's TC.roadmap diagram I have a few things I would like
to say about it. Number one, it is critical that we have processes
diagramed. I would like it carved on a granite stone to be tied around our
necks if we could ;-) Perhaps I have a strange sense of humor, but it does
emphasize the point that we need to be process and results oriented.
Ranjeeth is correct in diagramming a roadmap to follow all our Technical
Committee process.

Onto a more specific analysis, I would like to add that each member should
submit a post-technical committee talking-points paper. I know Rex has done
a great job about keep the minutes, but I believe we should all be
personally responsible for summing up our thoughts and proposals after each
technical committee meeting. This discipline will allow use to focus on our
roles, perspectives, and desired contributions for the coming month.

I would also like to focus on how the top part of the roadmap diagram
filters into posts. Being post-centric is not necessarily the best route to
take. Instead I will dust off an old proposal that I favored since Phase 0:
that every TC member maintain his or her own "Project Page." This project
page doesn't necessarily have to be a structured thing (although it can be)
but I think it would be easier for 1) the researcher to keep track of what
he or she is doing and 2) allows other TC members to easily follow the work
of others.

It is simply not effective to follow work through layers and layers of
posts. Being post-centric vis'-a-vie communication intra-group is fine, but
when it comes to focusing on work flow and research learning curves, I fear
it will become unmanageable.We need to keep other members informed on what
we are up to so that later down the road we can harmonize outcomes and
assure intragroup communications at higher and effective levels.

These are just a few thoughts. I am sure we can discuss process and outcome
issues at TC #3 so Ranjeeth can further refine the TC.roadmap document.

Cordially,

Joe Norris
jwnorris@humanmarkup.org