Subject: [humanmarkup] Notes on HM.applications and Human PhysicalCharacteristics Description ML

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to add a few notes on the latest version of HM.applications.
Because there is a small mountain of work to be done in the Human
Physical Characteristics Description Subcommittee, I did not
elaborate on applications that would necessarily involve this subset
of HumanMarkup. There are two main areas where this sublanguage will
be involved. One is Virtual Reality and the other is
Profiling/Personal Information.

As with Artificial Intelligence/Virtual Reality, which I will update
once again when the internet infrastructure allows and I am back in
my home office this evening, Human Physical Characteristics
Description will eventually have its own set of documents which will
elaborate as is necessary upon all aspects of these applications
areas, their particular requirements and usefulness.

I will be working on Human Physical Characteristics Description
starting tomorrow, so HM.applications will be updated in the not too
distant future with the more broad applications areas that stem from
this sublanguage. Most of these applications will be specific to 3D
representation of humans, due to my own interest and independent
developments in the Web 3D Consortium involving the last update of
VRML97, the current ISO specification, and X3D, the next ISO
specification, which includes the Humanoid Animation Specification
2001-2002 which is in the later stages of development now. I mention
this for those of you who are also interested in this field because
there is a large body of information available and I will include a
comprehensive, but not exhaustive listing of it with urls for
references. I will also be cross-referencing some identity-related
Profiling information related to Public Safety, Emergency Services,
and (Personal) Medical Information.

In practical terms, this may not come about until after the first of
the year, but some less comprehensive model of the applications areas
will probably be developed sooner in order to include it in the
materials I want to have available for the Jan. Web Services
Component Model TC meetings.

There are a lot of bedrock practical applications I think we should
develop first because they represent some valuable low-hanging fruit
that can be used to our advantage in recruiting more support and
perhaps even some corporate sponsorship.